Warning: This procedure is for advanced users. We advise you to use the automatic installer instead:
However, if you want to install WordPress by hand, here is how to do it:
- Download the latest version of Wordpress to your computer
- Unzip the .zip file you just downloaded and keep it open
- Connect to your TiZoo hosting cpanel
Upload the Wordpress files to your hosting
If you have correctly set up FileZilla you are now connected to the root of your new website. In the public_html folder you will find two files : .ftpquota and tizoo.php
- Take the wordpress folder you previously downloaded/unzipped and open it
- Inside 3 folders (wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes) plus about 15 files are there
- Select everything and drag it to the FileZilla area where .ftpquota and tizoo.php are already located
- From this moment the transfer of Wordpress files to the root of the site starts. Depending on your ADSL connection, the operation will last between 10 and 15 minutes.
- During this time go back to the cpanel of your TiZoo hosting
- By clicking on the CPanel logo at the top left, go back to the general administration
Create a database: Follow this procedure
- Open a new tab in your favorite browser
- Write your domain name and type "Enter" to open the web page
- Your browser will now display the first step of the Wordpress installation
- Click "Go!"
Configuration of the database
- Add the name of the previously created database and the MySQL username. For the database address you can leave "localhost" and "wp_" for the database prefix
- Click on send. If everything is correct, a page with a button "Launch the installation" will be displayed, if necessary check the parameters.
- Click on " Launch the installation ".
This is the last step: you have to configure your access to Wordpress. These settings will be necessary to connect to the administration interface of your site. Save them in a secure way
- Give a title to your site (it can be changed later in the "Settings" of Wordpress)
- Create a username
- Create a password
- Confirm the use of an easy password if asked
- Add an email address that you usually work with and consult
- Click on "Install Wordpress
- If the installation was successful, click on "Connect".
- Put the created username and password
Easy! You are in the administration of Wordpress